Check back for info on next session.
Whether you are a first time skater or an aspiring Olympian, the Blue Ridge Figure Skating Club offers instructional classes for your specific skating level. Weekly lessons are taught by highly qualified members of U.S. Figure Skating and The Professional Skaters Association. Our Learn to Skate follows the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills Program. This Program consists of a comprehensive lession /evaluation structure that is exciting, rewarding, safe and fun. Within no time, you will be gliding effortlessly across the ice. Participation in Blue Ridge Figure Skating Club and U.S. Figure Skating sanctioned events are offered to all group lesson participants, (exhibitions, competitions, shows, etc.)
$65.00 for 5 weeks
April 15, 22, 29, May 6 and 13.
Monday evenings 5:45pm to 6:45pm.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early (30 minutes if registration is required)
- Classes are Saturdays from 11:45 to 12:45 (1 hour) – 30 minutes of instruction followed by 30 minues of practice
- Partents may practice with their child for a $3.00 fee
- Classes are divided by skating level
- Refunds are given for medical reasons only. Inclement weather does not apply unless the Revolution Ice Centre is closed.
- $15 Registration fee for U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills Program. Includes; Membership in U.S. Figures Skating Basic Skills Program, Record Book (to help chart your progress in each level of the program), and 2012/2013 Basic Skill Patch (This is a one time fee)
SKATING ETIQUETTE for FREESTYLE SESSIONS
Checking in at Office Window – Prior to taking the ice skaters must sign in and pay. Skaters must enter and exit the ice promptly for their session(s).
Respect Right of Way – First priority is to be given to skaters practicing programs. Students in private lessons have second priority. All other skaters please refrain from skating through the path of programs and lessons.
Be Resourceful – Use your ice session wisely by skating during your session and not standing around or talking. This also presents a hazard to other skaters.
Make Way for the Lutz – Skating jumps are frequently performed in the corners of the rink therefore, please try to avoid long term practice in the corners.
Courtesy and Safety – Always be aware of your surroundings. Being courteous and respecting the “Right of Way” will help to insure a safe and happy freestyle session for all skaters.
All time are subject to change or cancellation
Junior Club is an advanced figure skating program for skaters that want to continue skating beyond the LTS level. The program will offer further instruction for those interested in skating on a competitive level. Each session includes 60 minutes of on ice instruction and practice.
Please contact Carmina Monaco for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org